Today was disgustingly humid so I stayed home and decided to bake cupcakes! I made rainbow tie-dye cupcakes. They are the perfect treat for summer because they are so colorful, and with the help of boxed cake mix, they are extremely easy to make.
Boxed white cake mix (I used Funfetti, for extra color)
What to do:
1. Prepare the cake batter by following the directions on the box
2. Separate the batter into different bowls
3. Place a different color of food coloring into each different bowl and mix (the colors I used were: pink, purple, blue, green, yellow, peach)
4. Place a dollop of each different color into a cupcake pan and gently swirl the batter with a toothpick
5. Bake according to directions on the box
6. Let cool
And voila! You get rainbow tie-dye cupcakes! I was so excited with the way they turned out that I ate two before they even cooled… but it’s okay because I went for a jog later.
I made mini ones as well!