Recently my friend and I made S’mores Cookies from a recipe I found on FoodPornDaily (it’s just a food blog so don’t get too excited). These cookies are GODLY. Everyone who takes a bite of one is immediately in love. And how can they not be? It’s a combination of two of the world’s greatest things: chocolate chip cookies and s’mores. I have to warn you though, these cookies are addictive. I’ve made two batches in the past two weeks and I’m still craving them so bake at your own risk.
7-8 graham crackers (honey or cinnamon, your choice)
1 ¼ cups flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ sticks unsalted butter
½ cup sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup marshmallows
2 Hershey bars
1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
2. Grind the graham crackers into crumbs. You want them to be a fine powder. (The original recipe says to use a food processor, but we’re college students, so I put them in a Ziploc bag and used an empty wine bottle like a rolling pin to crush them.)
3. Mix the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
4. Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. (Again, the recipe called for something I do not own: an automatic whisk. If you leave the butter out a few minutes, it will get soft enough to use a fork. I promise, the cookies do not suffer.) Add the egg and vanilla, then the flour and the dry mixture. Mix all these ingredients together, then stir in the chocolate chips.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove the cookies and quickly place marshmallows and bits of Hershey on top of each cookie.
6. Put them back in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes.
7. Enjoy the deliciousness =)